El-Abar Zawia

El-Abar "Zawia"

The El-Abar Zawia was built in 1248 and now forms part of the facade of the Emir Taz Palace. Standing on the corner of the Shari Suyufia and the Shari Qaraqol el-Manshiya, it was originally part of a complex that contained a khanqa and a medersa. Only the mausoleum still remains. Inside are the tombs of Sheikh Ala ad-Din el-Abar and his wife.